941 W 16th Avenue, Anchorage
- Sq. Ft.3,131
This modern bungalow, re-imagined, seizes sunny space from the former attic.The beautifully remodeled contemporary interior by Mark Ivy & Catherine Call features a stunning gourmet kitchen w/cooking island, custom maple cabinets, massive granite counters, Viking appliances & fabulous bar area perfect for entertaining family & friends. Full south exposure & oversized windows flood sunshine thruout.A spacious dining area and large living room with a cozy niche to enjoy a fire, offer custom maple built-ins for treasures, books and collections. The original south-facing entryway was converted to an inviting home office with custom shelving and desk. A practical mudroom with built-ins for coats, boots, gloves is between the kitchen, garage and entry. It might be practical but is also beautiful with lovely maple cabinets and walls. A full bath with claw tub completes the first floor and serves as powder room and bath for a second floor bedroom. The lovely master suite features two closets, custom built-ins and a mountain view. The light-filled private bath features a wonderful steam shower. The lower level offers a large recreation room, oversized laundry and storage pantry, plus two spacious bedroom and a 3/4 bath. Upstairs you will find a sunny studio, perfect for yoga, a playroom or a quiet get-a-way. Bamboo flooring in the main living area, slate tile in the entry and lower rec room and fine carpets bring warmth to the home. Two porches on the west and south sides welcome family and friends and offer perfect spots to enjoy a cup of coffee or glass of wine. Old growth trees and shrubs including a gorgeous hydrangea bring colorful flowers and trees to enjoy every spring and summer. The large law is the perfect gathering spot for family and friends. Located only a few blocks from Anchorage's favorite shops, Fire Island Bakery & New Sagaya Market, & just around the corner to the Chester Creek and Coastal Trail system. Downtown and the Delaney Park Strip are an easy walk away. Old Anchorage meets New contemporary design. Come home to 941 West 16th Avenue.
- MLS® #19-9220
- Square Footage3,131
- Year Built1944
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Res, B & B Potential
- StyleTwo-Story W/Bsmnt
- FeaturesCable TV, Deck/Patio, DSL/Cable Available, Fenced Yard, Fire Service Area, Garage Door Opener, In City Limits, Landscaping, Lot-Corner, Paved Driveway, Road Service Area, RV Parking, Shed, View
- # of Garages2
- GaragesAttached, Heated
- ViewMountains, Partial
- RoofAsphalt/Comp Shingle
- ConstructionWood Frame
- FoundationConcrete Block, Poured Concrete
- Days on Market67
- ZoningR2D - Two Family Residential
- Address941 W 16th Avenue
- Area5 - Downtown Anchorage
- SubdivisionSouth Addn L11B B43B
- Zip Code99501
- Interior FeaturesBasement, Carpet, CO Detector(s), Den &/Or Office, Dishwasher, Disposal, Double Ovens, Electric, Family Room, Gas Cooktop, Granite Countertops, Hardwood Flooring, Microwave (B/I), Range/Oven, Refrigerator, Security System, Smoke Detector(s), Telephone, Vaulted Ceiling, Washr&/Or Dryer Hkup, Window Coverings, Wood Stove
- ElementaryInlet View
- HighWest Anchorage
- Listing Agent:Bethany A Weiser
- Listing Office:Re/max Dynamic Properties
DISCLAIMER: The listing content relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Alaska Listing ExchangeSM (ALE) of Alaska Multiple Listing Service, Inc. (AK MLS). Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than RE/MAX Dynamic Properties are marked with either the listing brokerage's logo or the ALE logo and information about them includes the name of the listing brokerage.
All information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified for accuracy.
Listing information is updated daily.
Copyright 2019 Alaska Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.
Listing information last updated on June 26th, 2019 at 1:49pm AKDT.