5445 E 172nd Avenue, Anchorage
- Sq. Ft.4,418
Beautiful South Anchorage Hillside home featuring incredible unobstructed views of Mt. McKinley to the north, the Alaska Range, Anchorage, Sleeping Lady (Mt Susitna), Potter Marsh, Fire Island, Cook Inlet, Kenai Peninsula, and as far south as Mt Redoubt, Mt Iliamna and Mt Spur. Property extends to street below providing breathtaking panoramic views. An artist's or photographer's dream home. No No short cuts were taken in the remodel of this Hillside home.Home has a new Interlock® Roofing System. Color is "Aged Copper" with Slate finish. Each shingle is 17 5/8"x9" and .48mm thick. URL: https://www.interlockroofing.com/metal-roofing/slate-roofing/ Each metal shingle is protected for a lifetime by the coating system. Each shingle has an interlocking system on all four sides. The unique design provides incredible strength and protects against severe weather. There is a Lifetime Limited Warranty, non-prorated and is one-time transferable. Home features a fully remodeled open concept kitchen and dining room: 30'x19' with spacious granite countertops for cooking and entertaining. Great room and loft features vaulted pine ceilings and massive native slate fireplace. Main floor has a 13'x19' bedroom and adjacent full bathroom. Off the living room is a den/office. Substantial family room in basement, with a dumbwaiter to access all three floors. Also, features a new furnace, and on-demand water heater. Oversized single car garage attached to house. A wrap around deck, which is 78'x 9' on the west side, to take in the breathtaking inlet, mountain, and city views. Home has 4.5 star energy rating. Property is located in a Temperature inversion. It averages 10 degrees warmer than the Seward Highway in the winter. It also remained clear of smoke while above and below were heavily laden during the recent fires on the Kenai Peninsula. A Temperature inversion is defined as a thin layer of the atmosphere where the normal decrease in temperature with height switches to the temperature increasing with height. An inversion acts like a lid, keeping normal convective overturning of the atmosphere from penetrating through the inversion. Detached garage features 2,000 sq ft of space. Double Garage door has 9' high opening. Ceiling in detached garage is 10.5' high. There is a wall between the parking side and the shop side. The wall has a 7'x8' garage door in between shop and parking to transfer items without going outside. The shop side has built in work bench the length of one side and a .5 bathroom. Definitely a man's dream work space. Lighted flat driveway can easily accommodate eight cars. Underground utilities with high speed internet. Just 900 ft from Golden View Drive with multiple access routes. Five lots from the school bus stop. Streets are well maintained by the municipality and there are NO HOA fees
- MLS® #19-13688
- Square Footage4,418
- Year Built1989
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Res
- StyleTwo-Story W/Bsmnt
- FeaturesBarn/Shop, Cable TV, Covenant/Restriction, Deck/Patio, DSL/Cable Available, Fenced Yard, Fire Service Area, Garage Door Opener, In City Limits, Lot-Corner, Private Yard, Road Service Area, RV Parking, View, Lot-Bluff
- # of Garages4
- GaragesAttached, Detached, Heated, Other-See Remarks
- ViewCity Lights, Inlet, Mountains, Unobstructed
- RoofMetal, Other - See Remarks
- ConstructionWood Frame - 2x6
- FoundationConcrete Block
- Days on Market10
- ZoningR6 - Suburban Residential
- Address5445 E 172nd Avenue
- Area25 - Dearmoun Rd - Potter Marsh
- SubdivisionRoehl L3A
- Zip Code99516
- Interior FeaturesBasement, BR/BA on Main Level, Carpet, Ceiling Fan(s), CO Detector(s), Den &/Or Office, Dishwasher, Disposal, Electric, Family Room, Fireplace, Gas Cooktop, Gas Fireplace, Granite Countertops, Hardwood Flooring, Jetted Tub, Laminate Flooring, Microwave (B/I), Range-Downdraft, Range/Oven, Refrigerator, Smoke Detector(s), Vaulted Ceiling, Washr&/Or Dryer Hkup, Window Coverings, Wood Stove, Elevator
- HeatingForced Air
- ElementaryBear Valley
- HighSouth Anchorage
- Listing Agent:Rachel M Winslow
- Listing Office:Fernandez Real Estate Group
DISCLAIMER: The listing content relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Alaska Listing ExchangeSM (ALE) of Alaska Multiple Listing Service, Inc. (AK MLS). Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than RE/MAX Dynamic Properties are marked with either the listing brokerage's logo or the ALE logo and information about them includes the name of the listing brokerage.
All information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified for accuracy.
Listing information is updated daily.
Copyright 2019 Alaska Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.
Listing information last updated on August 19th, 2019 at 10:26pm AKDT.