- Re/max Dynamic Properties
Low inventories resulting in multiple offers are contributing to what experienced agents are calling the most challenging market they’ve ever worked. While buyers with resources may find the market difficult, purchasers with minimum cash and credit are struggling to find and get into a home.
First-time buyers feel the impetus to purchase because they’re renting and are concerned about being priced out of the market with rapidly appreciating prices and rising interest rates.
Sellers may not feel the same urgency because they already own a home. While they might find it appealing to change homes, they may not feel a pressing motivation causing them to act.
In some cases, sellers are so attached to their low interest rate mortgage that instead of selling, they’re keeping the home for a rental property. This may be a good investment for people with additional cash resources for the down payment and closing costs on the replacement property.
Why now is a good time to sell:
- The economy is strong.
- The majority of home sales occur in the months of May through September.
- Many buyers find it preferable to move in the summer because their children are out of school and they can avoid the winter weather.
- Mortgage rates are still very low but are starting to rise.
- Current low inventories in most markets result in higher prices and less competition.
Contact your real estate professional to evaluate the opportunities of making a move.